To celebrate the new direction and change of name of this website, I am running a competition. All you have to do is write a story in no more than 500 words using three of the following ten words:
The story can be any genre. All entries will be posted on this website and a poll will be set up to find a winner. Visitors to this website will be able to read all the entries and vote on the one they like the best. The entry with the most votes at the end of the allotted time will win. Should there be more than one entry with the same number of votes, a tie breaker poll will be held (which could get exciting).
The winner will receive a $AU25 gift voucher to spend at Amazon and an ebook version of Speculative Realms: Where there’s a will, there’s a way.
But, wait, there’s more. The authors are not the only ones able to win a prize in this competition. Everyone who votes will also be in the running to receive an ebook version of the Speculative Realms anthology.
The rules for the authors are:
1. Entries without the three necessary words (see above) or that go over the word limit will be rejected.
2. Copyright remains with the author of the entry.
3. The entry must be included in the body of the email, not as an attachment.
4. The author’s name and a valid email address must be provided in the body of the email.
5. By submitting an entry, the author is agreeing that their entry can be posted on this website indefinitely.
6. All entries must be emailed to me by 11.59pm on Friday 31 October 2009 (Australian EST). Anything arriving after this time and date will not be accepted. The email address to use is: karenleefield AT gmail DOT com.
7. Be sure to format it exactly how you want it to appear, because I will only copy and paste the entry into a post; I will not make any changes to it (including fixing spelling errors).
8. The winner will receive their prize via email and the win will be announced on this website.
9. A short “About the Author” (no more than four lines) will be posted with each entry, if provided.
10. My decision is final.
The rules for the voters are:
1. A real name and valid email address must be provided at the time your vote is cast.
2. Only one vote per person permitted.
3. At the end of the voting period, all names of the people who have voted will be placed in a hat and one drawn out. This will be the winner.
4. The winner will receive their prize via email and the win will be announced on this website.
5. My decision is final.
So, why are you still sitting there reading this? You should be writing! 😀