The end of the month is fast approaching, and it’s time for me to make a decision. I listed my options on 12th May. They were:
1) Work on my Sam novel. This is a young adult fantasy novel.
2) Continue with the collaborative novel. Chapter 20 has been completed, which is a stones throw from the climax.
3) Plot out Book 2 in the trilogy. I know what the story will be about and several chapters have been written but it needs a thorough overhaul.
4) Write some more short stories until the edited verson of Book 1 comes back.
However, I have another option to add to this list.
5) Continue on with a romance manuscript that I started a few years ago.
Here are my thoughts on the above. It’s always encouraging to have options, it means I won’t be drying up (running out of things to do) any time soon. However, there are only so many hours in a day and since I work full time and do have a family, my time is limited. I want to use my time wisely.
Options 1, 4 and 5 can wait. Besides, with number 4 I might find time at work to write a short story.
Option 2 is so close to being finished that I feel I should take this option but the climax of this story is a huge battle scene that I’m actually fearful of writing (my collaborative partner was going to write this scene but has since decided to give up writing). I should tackle it but I know I will procrastinate in a big way with this one.
Option 3 is my preference but I really would prefer to wait for the comments from the editor on book 1 before I move on to the second installment.
So…this shows clearly which option I should take. Am I able to write that battle scene? That’s the big question!